Global Solutions What others are doing
India's Solution to Homelessness
India is estimated to be the home to 78 million homeless people, including 11 million street children. According to the 2011 census, there were 28% less homeless people from rural areas and 20% less homeless people living in the cities as compared to 2001
France solutions to homelessness
19th June 2015: 300 Experts Connect Communities to Europe and Combat Homelessness
Trouble in More Countries
- BBC News | UK | Homeless 'need long-term solutions
- Alarming growth in Italian homelessness
- Germany Female poverty-risks in Germany
- Women in Germany earn on average 30 per cent less than men;
- 90 per cent of all part-time and minor jobs are occupied by women;
- 70 per cent of all jobs not covered by social security are held by women; this means lower unemployment benefits and lower pensions;
- the old-age pensions for women are less than half of that for men.
The following news recently hit German media: one million children are increasingly affected by poverty and are receiving governmental aid in addition to current child support, according to the Children’s Commission of the Bundestag (Federal authorities). For many the shocking news is that poverty can no longer be considered a problem of fringe groups but one that is pushing further into the center of society. The rise in unemployment was named as the main cause by the committee. Often an average family with two children runs into financial difficulty when one parent loses their job. The situation is static: the prospect of a turn-around in the German employment situation is unlikely with unemployment currently 4.8 million nationwide.
Demanding more Federal Government and State create structures to help communities develop a more socially-aware housing policy, creating cheaper housing and integrating the homeless into mainstream housing as opposed to ghetto-like overcrowded lodgings.
Hopeless to Hopeful makes every homeless they own solution
In the News and around the world solutions
Vatican unveils free showers and haircuts for the homeless ...www.catholicherald.co.uk/.../07/vatican-offers-free-showers...homelessVatican unveils free showers and haircuts for the homeless. ... the city in areas where there are soup kitchens and large numbers of homeless ...